I have to say I really like salads and especially these ones with quinoa or couscous. This recipe is perfect as it takes only 15 minutes of your time and it’s really tasty. It’s vegan-friendly and of course gluten-free!
Actually, this recipe was my quick Monday dinner so what I had around I used. Because I finish quite late at my work I don’t want to spend more than a few minutes in the kitchen and this recipe was just a quick idea which ended really tasty. Even I was surprised how perfect the balance of the tastes I made.
I am still pretty surprised about this meal as it was a spontaneous midnight cooking idea and maybe because of the energy I was feeling I just have to take a few pictures which come so beautifully.
We all know that quinoa is very healthy and beneficial for us and our health. Let me tell you a little bit more about this amazing ingredient. Not only quinoa is super easy to make and tasty, but also it’s full of great vitamins especially magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E.
How long to cook quinoa?
To make quinoa perfectly cook you will need to leave it absorbed water during cooking. The process of cooking takes about 15-20 minutes it depends on the amounts of quinoa. Reduce heat and gently stir. Remove from heat and leave the quinoa rest for few minutes.
How to store salad
There are some interesting ideas and hacks on how to keep your salad and lunch fresher. One of the recommendations is to add greens as last into the container or keep it separate inside from another part of your lunch.
Try more delicious recipes on foodieglam:
Quinoa black beans salad with maple syrup dressing/VEGAN
- 2 cup Quinoa
- 1 can Kidney beans
- Rocket salad
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 tsp Bouillon powder Any vegetable instant stock is fine
- 4 tbsp Extra-virgin oil
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 3 tsp Maple syrup
- Black pepper
- Cook quinoa. Check the instruction on the package of your quinoa. Mine took around 20 minutes to prepare. As first add water and make it boil together with quinoa. Add bouillon powder and cook it until the quinoa is soft.
- When quinoa is done set the side and let cool it down for a few minutes.
- In the large bowl get ready red pepper, beans, rocket salad and stir gently together.
- Pour dressing on the top of the quinoa mix. Serve!
- Mix extra - vinegar oil, maple syrup, white wine vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.