This is a traditional and my favourite quick lunch recipe. I have to say that I have started to be a little bit more vegetarian than a meat-eater. I think it’s always good to change the way and be open to new dishes or meal plans. Probably because of my new veggie mood, you will see more vegetable-friendly recipes here. You will agree that there is nothing bad about healthier options, right?
Let’s talk about tagliatelle
It’s a time to throw your “boring” spaghetti back into your cupboard and get tagliatelle! This is a cooler and better shape of pasta! I was so excited and surprised about tagliatelle that I make them every week and they deserve the right place in my cupboard. Probably I should stop calling it better spaghetti, but I can’t help myself.
I can recommend buying some fresh and organic pasta, as you definitely will taste a big difference. I will leave some links where you can order fresh pasta. Maybe I can get a ready homemade pasta recipe for you.
How to make leek pasta
If there is something typical about my cooking, it’s always super easy. I don’t think there is a point to spend hours and hours cooking if it’s not for a special moment. This recipe takes max. 30 minutes and it’s easy for storage in the fridge.
Prepare the pasta: In the large saucepan boil the water and put some pasta into that. Keep cooking until that pasta is softer and cooked (NOT OVER COOKED). Cook according to package directions and stirring occasionally.
Cook: Heat the oil on a pan and add cut leek and mushrooms. Stir gently and keep frying for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft. Add garlic, salt and fry for another 2 minutes.
Stir it together: Once the tagliatelle is cooked, add the pasta to the pan with mushrooms and leek. Stir together and add cream cheese and combine well.
Cheese time: Serve the pasta with grated cheese. Enjoy!
Why this recipe is so great?
Filling meal: If you need to feed all family, you will agree with me that filling meals are number one. As a bonus the kids love pasta.
Economical dish: Pasta is a very cheap meal so you will go with your budget.
Tasty: Pasta with mushrooms and extra cheese is an awesome combo. Always, tasty!
Time saver: The cooking takes only 30 minutes, so if you are not a big fan of staying in the kitchen, pasta recipes are the best for you.
WATCH A SHORT RECIPE VIDEO:
Try more delicious recipes:
Leek tagliatelle with mushroom and cream
- 2 Tsp Olive or garlic oil
- 250 g Leek Sliced
- 100 g Chestnut mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3-4 Tbsp Cream cheese
- 30 g Parmesan or Cheddar Grated
- Extra Salad or spinach
- Heat the oil and fry the leeks with mushrooms until it's soft and a little bit crispy. (especially leeks).
- Add garlic and fry for another 3 minutes. Gently stir cream cheese.
- In the large saucepan cook pasta for 10-15 minutes. For timing check instruction on the packet.
- Once the pasta is cooked add the pasta to the creamy leek mixture and stir together.
- Serve warm with some extra parmesan or cheddar.
- Use quality and organic ingredients. The pasta taste always better with fresh ingredients.
- Don't overcook pasta. The right structure of pasta should be something between soft and harder.
- For the VEGAN option use vegan cream butter and egg-free pasta.
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.