I am pretty sure, we all love and know lasagna! Another typical Italian dish which can be so easy to make, delicious, and can feed a big crowd. So if you are thinking to invite some friends over, you can try this delicious recipe.
I have to say that lasagna is my favourite dish and I make it almost every week. There is also another healthy pasta recipe that can be super helpful.
How to make lasagna:
I can recommend buying lasagna sheets that are easily cooked during the baking process. Just left a little bit more liquid in the sauce and the sheets will be cooked. It will save you time and energy. If you prefer homemade lasagna sheets I found an amazing recipe from cooking.nytimes.com, where you can find homemade sheets in detail.
Make a sauce: first make a sauce from tomato sauce, puré, chopped tomatoes, and beef. Ad a little bit of sugar for better taste.
Lasagna sheets: If you don’t have pre-cooked lasagna sheets, you can do it now. During the cooking process let’s grate cheese if it’s not done.
Make layers: A little bit of meat sauce, the layer of lasagna sheet, more meat sauce, another layer of lasagna, meat sauce and cheese, last layer of lasagna sheet. Make sure you have 3 layers. Sprinkle top with cheese!
Why is it so easy?
As you probably know, I prefer easy recipes with quality and easily available ingredients. I really don’t want to spend a long time in the kitchen and I still want to enjoy cooking, because it’s a different type of relaxation for me. Life is short and cooking is amazing when it’s easy, tasty, and interesting!
Probably some people will miss ricotta or cheese base which is typical for the classic lasagna recipe, but I think even without ricotta base or cheese sauce, this recipe is super delicious. If you prefer to use cheese sauce, I am sure it would be working too.
How to store lasagna
Unbaked lasagna: there are some situations when we need to prepare meals in advance. You can prepare lasagna and keep it unbaked in the freezer. Cover lasagna in a foil or container and keep it for months. To reheat lasagna from the freezer you will need to keep it in a fridge overnight and bake later in the same way ( 190C°/50 minutes).
Baked lasagna freezer: Easy way how to store lasagne is inside a fridge. You can keep your lasagna in a dish or container for 2 days. Make sure a lasagna is fully cold before you put it inside a fridge. To reheat lasagna you can use the microwave or slow baking in an oven.
Easy& classic Lasagna
- Deep frying pan
- Deep baking dish
- 400 g Mince beef 15% fat
- Extra virgin oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 tbsp Quality tomato sauce I used Arrabiata with chilli
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Oregano
- Dry lasagna sheets
- Cook onion for few minutes or until it's browned. (In this step you can add any vegetable. Pepper, corn etc ...)
- Add the minced beef and cook it until the beef is brown and done.
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add all seasoning (oregano, parsley etc ...), salt, sugar and sprinkle with red or white wine vinegar. Reduce heat and keep cooking for another 20 minutes minutes.
- HEAT AN OVEN TO 190 C°.
- In a lasagna or casserole dish spread a cup of tomato sauce over the bottom of the dish. Arrange the first layer of lasagna sheets (3,5 sheets) and spread another cup of beef sauce, apply the second layer. Make third layers in the same way, but sprinkle sauce with grated cheese and cover with last lasagna sheets.
- Finish the last layer with remanding beef sauce and sprinkle with grated mozzarella or cheddar.
- BAKING TIME: Cover lasagna with aluminium foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Uncover the foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.