The new year is here and this is the time when we all trying to keep new resolutions and healthier lifestyles. Not sure how long you can stick with healthier and new “me”, but I am pretty bad at it.
I thought that would be amazing to share one of my favourites, easy and tasty recipes, suitable for everyone a little bit tired of meat. One of my New year resolutions is to cut meat cooking and meat products. I am not ready to be fully vegan, because I love cheese, eggs and mostly I don’t want to punish myself, I am sure that my resolution would be ended with a plate full of meat for a lunch.
Much more effective will be cut meat from my diet and be happy with veggies and products from the dairy. I have already cut cow’s milk and I don’t miss it at all.
This recipe is one of the low-carb recipes which is amazing as they keep you full and help you reduce weight. I am not keeping this type of diet, but I always enjoyed low-carb meals, because they are full of my favourite ingredients. If you are interested in low-carb I can recommend the Diet doctor website. It helped me to track and keep my low-carb journey. As a bonus, it’s full of delicious recipes.
Frittata can be served also as a breakfast! The eggs are full of benefits for us and start the day with good protein, nutrition. I am a big fan of great and filling breakfasts, if you need some new breakfast ideas let’s try healthy chocolate-peanut butter overnight oat, healthy french toast, pancakes from chia or banana cocoa overnight oats.
How to make the frittata:
- Cook new potatoes: the best way how to get ready for this recipe is to cook new potatoes overnight. It will cool down until the next day so you don’t need to wait, but also you can cook them on the same day. It’s just a time-saving hack.
- Heat an oven and get a ready ovenproof dish or frying pan: I used KitchenCraft Square Baking Pan / Roasting Tin with Non Stick Coating, 24.5 x 22 x 4.5 cm
- Add spinach into the bowl and pour with boiling water.
- Set a pan on high heat and fried an onion until it’s soft and brown, add spinach (squeeze the spinach with your hands to get rid of the water).
- Mix spinach and onion
- Beat the eggs and whites in a separate bowl and add some salt, pepper and seasoning.
- Pour egg mixture into the ovenproof dish or pan and add spinach with onion.
- Slice potatoes and add them to the egg mixture.
- Crumble the feta over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the frittata is fully done.
For the best taste and nutrition use only quality and organic products.
- New potatoes
- Feta cheese
New potatoes frittata
- 8 large Eggs
- 2 Whites
- 700 g Baby spinach
- 200 g New potatoes
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 130 g Feta cheese
- Chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 C°.
- Cook new potatoes until they are soft inside.
- Heat the oil on non-stick or ovenproof frying pan and add onion until it's soft and brownish.
- In the large bowl add spinach and pour the boiling water over the top. Leave it to soak for a few minutes and after squeeze the water from out spinach.
- Beat the eggs and mix them properly with eggs whites. Add the salt and pepper. Pour this mixture into the ovenproof dish or keep it in the ovenproof pan.
- Slice new potatoes and set them into the egg's mixture.
- Add spinach into the mixture and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until frittata is done inside.
- Serve with salad.