I am a morning person, but not always I can enjoy my morning with a delicious and big breakfast. Mostly I keep these special moments for my weekends and during my busy weeks, I stuck with homemade granola with yoghurt. Probably, because I like these breakfast ideas , I feel like I should share it with you.
The recipe is very easy to prepare, and it will stay tasty and crunchy for days and probably for weeks.
I am sure you have already heard that breakfast is the most important meal in a day and trust me that to be enjoying breakfast is an amazing habit which I’ve learned for years. When I was a student I skipped my breakfast always because of early classes.
I am not sure when was the first time I tried granola, but I asked if is granola healthy for breakfast, because I thought that all cereals and muesli are full of sugar and actually not a very healthy breakfast option. Probably If we would buy some random granola from the shop, there could be a higher amount of sugar and conservations which can ruin granola’s good reputation for healthy breakfast.
I have to admit that this granola has started to be my daily breakfast because it’s just easy to mix with yoghurt or my favourite oat milk. Sometimes when we think that some food is to very healthy there can be always a healthier option. It’s the same with my healthy french toast with maple syrup. If we use the right ingredients we can change all food into a healthier one.
- Peanut Butter: my favourite ingredient full of healthy fats and nutritious. make sure your peanut butter is 100% natural and with no palm oil! Also, it’s good for weight loss and bodybuilding.
- Oatmeal: let’s get some fibre from the start of the day.
- Maple syrup: I love to use maple syrup or honey. For this recipe, I used organic maple syrup.
- Mixed spice: fell free to use more spices. I am sure it will be tasty only with cinnamon spice.
- Mixed seeds:
- Vanilla extract: Make sure that you have quality vanilla extract. The taste and aroma can be very different.
More lovely breakfast recipes
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.
Pecan granola with peanut butter
- 110 g Peanut butter smooth
- 45 g Maple syrup
- 200 g Rolled oats
- 130 g Mixed seeds
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1,5 tsp Ground mixed spice
- 220 g Pecan nuts
- 3 Eggs whites
- Preheat the oven to 180 C° and line up a baking tray with baking paper.
- In the bowl mix all ingredients together and mix it well until it's combined.
- Spread the granola over the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until the texture of granola is dry and crunchy.
- Let it cool it down and serve with yoghurt, milk or just have it as a snack. Enjoy!