The best part of the day is morning and breakfast time. May you don’t agree because get out of the warm bed is sometimes so difficult but I am pretty sure if you would have these low-calories chia pancakes for your breakfast every morning, It would be more enjoyable for you.
This recipe is a healthier version of classic pancakes, but without oil and still vegan. I don’t need to mention that the recipe is super easy and quick, so you don’t need to spend hours preparing.
Tip. For an easier morning try to prepare meals containers. It saves your time and it’s healthier.
I am a huge fan of pancakes and If I could to have them every day it would be such a perfect life. Sometimes it’s just a good way how to enjoy Sunday’s brunch or a little sweet treat.
It’s amazing how many great and tasty recipes you can find online, especially pancakes ones! It’s really only up to you what kind of pancakes you prefer and you can be creative every time you prepare them.
My last pancakes recipe was slightly healthier and was trying to make it without sugar. Only one sweet ingredient was raspberries puréé, but If I would run out of the fruits I would enjoy it with maple syrup.
I have to be honest that I’ve never tried pancakes with maple syrup and bacon combo. Maybe it’s good for another breakfast recipe idea!
I didn’t use sugar, because I think the syrup or raspberries puree is sweet enough. For raspberries puréé, I used only 3 tsp of sweetener. The recipe is Vegan-friendly and low- calories so it’s suitable for all diets so let’s enjoy it with no regrets.
Flour: I used a spelt flour as it’s healthier than white flour, but feel free to use any flour of your choice.
Baking powder: an always key ingredient for fluffy pancakes
Chia seeds: Great ingredient with full benefits for your body.
Apple cider vinegar: Try to use fresh and organic ones. The taste is different.
non-dairy milk: I used coconut milk
Vanilla extract: For better taste and great smell.
Cinammon: I love cinammon in pancakes
More lovely breakfast recipes
Low-calories chia pancakes /VEGAN/HEALTHY
- 60 g Spelt flour
- 120 ml Non-diary milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together. Don't overmix it and leave it for a few minutes to rest.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. If you don't have a non-stick pan use a little bit of olive oil.
- If the pan is hot enough, pour the dough on the pan and keep frying until the first side is golden. Keep the heating lower as the pancakes need the time to get ready for the flip.
- At once the pancake has little bubbles it's ready for the flip.
- Keep frying for another 2 minutes or until the pancake is golden.
- Serve with maple syrup or raspberry purée.
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.