I love pies and especially these ones which are made from fruits. There is something so classic about pies. Maybe it’s the way how there are make but I absolutely love the crispy crust and fruity filling.
When I was thinking about the recipe for this week I found a few apples in the basket and the recipe was more than clear. I had never tried to make a pie before so I took it as a challenge and I was hoping that the final results will be at least eatable.
Well, I have to say it not the best pie I’ve ever tried but it’s definitely the healthiest one. The best pie has been made by my grandma and of course, this is tricky to find again.
Easy and low fat Apple pie
- 4 Golden apples
- 2 Eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Sweetener (I used Xylitol)
- pinch Salt
- 1 cup Gluten-free/ Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut/Cashew milk
- Grease and flour 22 cm baking pan and reheat the oven on 180C°
- Take a bowl and prepare the golden apples for the cake. Peel and core apples and cut them in thin pieces. In the bigger bowl beat the eggs and mix them with sugar, salt and lemon zest. Add the flour, baking powder and milk into the mixture.
- As the last step add the few pieces of cut apples and mix them slowly with the wooden spoon. Spill mixture into the prepared baking pan and arrange the rest of apple pieces on the top of the cake. You can sprinkle the top of the cake with sugar for a better and crunchy taste.
- Everything is more than ready to put into the oven and bake on 180C°. Set the timer for 35 minutes.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar. I hope you are going to try this easy recipe and let me know if your masterpiece is as good as mine