I love carrot cake!
I think this cake is my favourite one and If there will be a special recipe to recommend, it will be this one! It’s KETO friendly, without eggs and no refined sugar. All healthy and light ingredients are making this cake so special, moist and tasty. You would never say that this is a healthy cake because it tastes like a proper traditional carrot cake. Let me tell you more …
This cake together with healthy carrot cake muffins or healthy pecan granola is my favourite treat.
Not only because I love carrot cake, but also because the recipe is so easy to make and diets friendly! If it comes to healthy desserts you can find them not too interesting, sweet or dry, but this one recipe will change your whole day! It’s just a special treat and with delicious cheese cream on the top, it will be the best dessert ever.
When I was thinking about making a carrot cake friendly for the KETO diet I decided to mixed sweetener (Xylitol) with coconut sugar. This combination makes this cake so moist and nicely sweet without a bittersweet sweetener taste. Even when I am not on a KETO diet I have to admit that this diet keeping the best recipes and desserts.
Healthy carrot cake
- 250 Sweetener
- 250 Coconut sugar
- 800 Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1,2 tsp Cinnamon
- 250 ml Coconut oil
- 380 ml Non-dairy milk
- 80 g Raisins
- 850 g Carrot
- 400 g Soft Cheese
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 250 g Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line baking pan (20cm/8inch) with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients (except a sweetener) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat sweetener, coconut oil, coconut sugar.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix until it's combined well. Add carrot, raisins.
- Pour batter into two cake pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.