Something a little bit classic is coming! Creamy and smooth recipe with crunchy biscuity crust and fruity top. Simply we are talking about unbeaten cheesecake!
Baked or non-baked cheesecake
Tough decision, right? If I would be honest mostly I make non-baked cheesecake as it’s a little bit faster and sometimes it tastes the same as baked cheesecake. I think my cheesecakes recipes are a little bit different than classic cheesecake. I don’t make the base crust too crushed. I just like little pieces of biscuits and also I would say it’s not too smooth. I think I have tried at least millions of cheesecakes during my “short life” so you can be sure that this is one of my top favourite desserts. If I should choose my favourite type of this cake it would be baked Italian-style cheesecake which is made from riccota. So soft and rich at the same time. We should call it magic, right?
How to make baked cheesecake
As I mentioned baked cheesecake can take a little bit longer time than non-baked. I can recommend not changing the temperature of an oven as the cake can get cracked (yes, that’s exactly what happened to me …). The temperature should be kept lower, something around 150 C°.
Bake the cheesecake for 35 minutes and after turn off the oven and let it rest inside until the oven cools down. At this stage, the cake will be still wobbly, but that’s alright! Trust me it’s worth waiting!
I left the cheesecake inside the oven for around 2 hours. I know probably it was quite long as the oven was definitely enough cold, but I just left it there. After leaving the cake inside the fridge or just on the kitchen desk for another 4 hours. This process helps the cheesecake to get the right structure.
How long does homemade cheesecake last
Every dessert which I make I share with my friends so there is not enough time for testing how long my baking experiments last, but to keep cheesecake fresh you should keep it inside the fridge in a container. I am sure even after a couple of days it will be delicious.
How to freeze cheesecake
You don’t need to eat it all, but simply store it inside your freezer for later.
Cool it down: Even from the fridge leave the cake on the kitchen desk or counter for few minutes.
Wrap it: Cover the cake with a few layers of wrapping foil or plastic wrap.
Freeze it: The cheesecake can stay frozen for at least 3 months.
NO TOPPINGS: Don’t put cheesecake into the freezer with toppings. Decorate it once you serve it.
How to store cheesecake
The best way how to keep cheesecake fresh is to keep in inside the container and fridge. The cake should to be still delicious and fresh 2-3 days in a fridge, but crust can get softer as it sits longer.
My favourite part of baking! I love choosing toppings! You can just improvise as much you like. Because I had some spare strawberries inside my fridge I was pretty sure that this cake will be decorated with them.
Feel free to choose another topping as caramel, berries, chocolate, peanut butter, oreo cookies or different kind of creams. Probably my favourite topping would be salted caramel or whipped cream. Even if you would leave plain cheesecake with no topping it would be still delicious, right?
I am sure this is one of the recipes which you will want to try. I would say it’s not too difficult to make a cheesecake and I am already thinking about making my favourite Italian style cheesecake.
What do you prefer? New York or Italian cheesecake? Let me know in the comments.
A balanced diet is having a piece of cake in each hand.
Baked strawberrie cheesecake
- 600 g Soft cheese
- 180 g Digestive biscuits
- 80 g Melted butter
- 100 ml Double cream
- 170 g Golden caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Orange zest
- 250 g Rasberries
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Remove all ingredients from the fridge and let them cool down in room remperature.
- Preheat an oven to 150 C° and get ready cake tin (I used 20cm/8 inches).
- Crushed the biscuits into fine crubs. Use food processor or plastic bag and smash the biscuits with rolling pin.
- Mix the crumbs together with melted butter and transfer the mixture into the tin. Press it well until it's very combine. and stack together.
- In the large bowl beat soft cheese until it's smooth and slowly be adding golden sugar.
- Add double cream, eggs, orange zest, vanilla extract and combine well, until the texture of the mixture is soft and creamy.
- Pour into the crusty base.
- Put the tin with cheesecake into the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake to be resting inside in the heat. The cake should be wobbly.
- Remove the cake from the tine and leave the cake rest inside the fridge for other hours or overnight.
- Decorate with your favourite topping. I made a strawberries purée from mashed strawberries and maple syrup.
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.