I love soups!
I think nothing is the best as a rainy day and warm soup.
Let’s talk about spinach a bit because I use spinach almost every single day as for my cooking or just as a base for the salad. It’s funny how I changed my taste about spinach during the last few years because you can trust me, but as a kid I hated spinach. It was something too greenish, healthy, too disgusting and absolutely not tasty.
I am not sure if you know spinach sauce with dumplings and pork, but it’s one of the most famous dishes in the Czech republic. Maybe that’ reason why Czech kiddos aren’t really keen about spinach. No worries I was the same!
Spinach is health
I don’t have to tell you that spinach is super healthy and it’s absolutely worth to have it every day as a part of the diet. The spinach contains the great value of daily vitamins and minerals which are necessary for our health and well being (Iron, Magnesium, Copper, vitamin B2, B6, E, C, Calcium, Folate). The spinach is also a great helper with diseases fights. The calcium helps with bones and injuries, vitamins B, C, and fiber helps with cancer fights and can be helping with high blood pressure.
This recipe is my favorite one and even I prepared this dish for my parents when they visited me in London. It’s easy and really tasty soup full of health.
Try it and let me know what you think.
Creamy Spinch soup
- 50 g Butter
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 medium Potatoe
- 600 ml Almond milk
- 400 ml Vegetable/chicken stock
- 450 g Spinach leaves
- Double Cream
- Melt butter in the large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Leave them gentry fry for 5 minutes. Stir in potato and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the stock and cook it all until the potato is cooked. Pour in the almond milk and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves and leave them gently cook until the spinach wilted down.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor. I recommend leaving the soup a little bit cool down.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and swirl in the cream.