This recipe Christmas maple pecan granola is the best way how to enjoy breakfast!
Not only because it’s homemade and you add only things which you really like, but also it’s healthy and tasty.
Let me share my favourite breakfast ideas in the Christmas edition.
How to storage granola
It’s a great solution for everyone who likes homemade breakfast and wants to save some hectic time during morning rushing. I keep my granola in a glass container for weeks, but I am sure if you will keep granola in the good container you can enjoy it for months. Make sure that you will storage granola cold (not hot from the oven)! Storage in a dry and cool place.
Is granola good for you?
I think this is a good question as may you read so many articles bout granola and sugar. I think its always depend on if you make your homemade granola or you buying in in the store. Let’s be honest almost all cereals are an over-sugary and better solution for how to skip some sugar is make it at home, heathier and even tastier.
I have to admit not always I was sure about this breakfast option. Is granola healthy for breakfast? But after a little research, granola can be very healthy for you, but only if you use the right ingredients? Let’s say if you add chia seeds, nuts, different types of seeds and natural sweetener, it will be a delicious and healthy meal from the start of your day.
It’s good morning filler and breakfast full of fibre. If you add healthy fats and ingredients you can be sure that your body gets energy and important nutritions for all day.
Even if it’s taken as a healthy breakfast it can make you gain weight and be the reason for obesity. It’s because of fats and high calories. If you are looking for healthy granola, try don’t use sugar and extra oils.
In the lower consuming, you can still enjoy it.
More lovely breakfast recipes
Christmas Pecan Granola/Vegan
- 2 cup Rolled oats
- 1 cup Pecans nuts
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Extras Nuts, chocolate chips, dry fruit
- Get a ready baking tray and line a pan with baking paper. Heat the oven to 135 C°.
- In the large bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- Melted coconut oil and add maple syrup, vanilla extract and pour it into the dey ingredients
- Pour the mixture on a baking tray and press the granola into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour rotates pan and set the oven again to 15O C° and bake for 30 minutes. The granola should be golden and well baked. Don't overbake!
- Let the granola cool down properly and transfer it to a container. Enjoy! 🙂
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.