You will love this recipe! It’s easy, tasty, Christmasy, gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
This is my first Christmas when I am trying to make all meals and especially Christmas baking without a diary and I have to say it’s nice to change! I was skeptical a bit about the taste but these cookies are absolutely amazing and I put them on my favorite food list.
You will need only a few ingredients which are really easy to buy and all the cooking will take 30 minutes.
A flax egg is a combination of flax seeds and water. This mixture will make the same jelly substance as the eggs. It’s high in fiber and including omega 3.
How to make flax eggs?
Super easy! You will need only ground flax seeds and some water. This recipe is taking 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of water. You will need to leave it for 10 minutes to rest. The mixture should be thin and jelly.
This recipe is not perfect only for Christmas but you can make it anytime during the year. Be honest I am pretty surprised by the soft and light taste of these cookies.
They are definitely a perfect part of my Christmas!
- 2 cup Almond flour or ground almonds
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150 C° and the line baking sheet on the tray.
- Get ready flax eggs. Add ground flax seeds into the bowl with water and leave it a rest for few minutes. The mixture should to be thin and jelly.
- In the bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Stir flax eggs and gently mix together. The dough should to be a little bit sticky and able to formed into the small balls.
- Cover the balls in the icing sugar and put on the baking tray. Gently press the cookies with you palm or folk.
- Bake for 15 mins. Let cool it down and serve!