For everyone who misses the summer, I have something special! What would you say about blueberry popsicles?
Let me share one of my favourite recipes. I don’t think that the only summer is the best season for enjoying the ice-creams, but I think every day is perfect for this kind of treat. It’s super delicious, sugar-free, gluten-free and perfect for the KETO diet.
Popsicles and KETO
Maybe you are wondering how to make an ice-cream good for your body and diet, but there is an easy solution. The only one thing which is making any dessert keto is a lack of adding sugar! You can always use natural sweeteners. For this recipe I used Xylitol, but I am sure the popsicles would be perfect with any kind of sweetener. There is always a question about fruits as they are also containing some amount of sugar. I use fruit as a natural treat and I don’t take it too seriously. But If you are strictly on the KETO diet you should check which fruit is allowed to be consuming.
When I was younger I wasn’t a huge fan of goat’s products, but I have to admit that as my taste has changed I love them all. The taste and smell are slightly stronger, but it’s full of good benefits for your body. For example, goat cheese is rich in protein and easier to digest than cow’s milk. Also, it’s an immunity booster and full of good fats and acids. Did you know that goat’s products are also good for weight loss? Yuppie!!
How to make blueberry goat cheese popsicles?
If you don’t want to use any fruit”s base it’s absolutely fine, make only the main cheese base. For the blueberry swirl, you will need to make blueberry puré, so before freezing you will heat up a pan with blueberries and sweetener. It’s a similar cooking process during jam making.
The main popsicle base is goat cheese mixed with coconut milk, cream cheese, vanilla extract, sweetener and lemon juice. Don’t forget to have ice cream moulds!
Try more Blueberry recipes on Foodieglam
Buy it …
Don’t forget to buy ice cream mould.
Blueberry popsicles/ KETO/ PALEO/ LOW-CARBS
- 85 g Goat cheese
- 85 g Cream cheese
- 250 ml Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 10 ml Lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Sweetener (I used Xylitol)
- 200 g Frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp Sweetener (I used Xylitol)
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Take a saucepan and mix blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sweetener together. On medium heat stir the texture until it's bubbling. Let's cook it for 10 minutes until the texture is smooth. Let' cool it down.
- In the blender mix goat cheese, coconut milk, sweetener, cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon juice. Mix it well. The mixtures should be smooth.
- Pour a little amount of blueberry pure into the mould and gently cover it with a cheese base. You can be creative and make blueberry swirls by using chopsticks or skewers. Just gently swirl both mixtures together.
- Place popsicles sticks and leave them resting in the freezer for a few hours.
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.