This is bread time!
Exactly! This year is a big time for bread and all different types of pastries. Let’s call it BREAD YEAR 2020.
I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t be baking bread this year. The quarantine is go-time for all home bakers around the World.
Also, I was productive with my first bread recipes, but I have to say I am not consuming bread too often as I know myself and I would eat the whole loaf by myself. I just love bread and bread loves me. 🙂
Only one bread which I buy every week is super healthy fitness thin Rye bread from Biona. It’s tasty and with good nutrition.
Although I am trying not to eat bread too often I really enjoy zucchini bread with cheese. This recipe is old and I make it always when I have some zucchini leftovers in my fridge.
This bread is suitable for a low-carb diet and healthier diets as one slice of this bread have only 190 kcal. It’s also great as a snack with avocado or hummus.
How to storage zucchini bread
My recommendation is a container and put it into the fridge. If you leave it outside or covered in the baking paper it will be drier.
Healthy zucchini bread with cheese/low-carb
- 120 ml Oat milk any non-diary milk
- 20 ml Lemon juice
- 250 g Spelt flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 150 g Cheese grated
- 1 medium Zuccini
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonara soda
- Preheat oven to 170 C° and line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk milk, lemon juice in small bowl and set aside for few minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- When buttermilk is done, combine mixture with eggs, cheese and zucchini.
- Slowly stir all ingredients together.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with nuts or seeds.
- Bake 1 hour or until bread is golden and bake inside.