I have to say I really like salads and especially these ones with quinoa or couscous. This recipe is perfect as it takes only 15 minutes of your time and it’s really tasty. It’s vegan-friendly and of course gluten-free!
Actually, this recipe was my quick Monday dinner so what I had around I used. Because I finish quite late at my work I don’t want to spend more than a few minutes in the kitchen and this recipe was just a quick idea which ended really tasty. Even I was surprised how perfect balance of the tastes I made.
I am still pretty surprised about this meal as it was a spontaneous midnight cooking idea and maybe because of the energy I was feeling I just have to take a few pictures which come so beautifully. I should to called it “my surprise salad”. 🙂
I think we all know quinoa and we had a chance to try it just for once. Let me tell you a little bit more about this healthy food. Quinoa is gluten-free and full of great vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Try more delicious recipes on foodieglam:
Quinoa&beans salad with maple syrup dressing/VEGAN
- 2 cup Quinoa
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tsp bouillon powder Any vegetable instant stock is fine
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin oil
- 1 tbsp white vine vinegar
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- black pepper
- Cook quinoa. Check the instruction on the package of your quinoa. Mine took something around 20 minutes to prepare. As first add water and make it boil together with quinoa. Add bouillon powder and cook it until the quinoa is soft.
- When quinoa is done set the side and let cool it down for a few minutes.
- In the large bowl get ready red pepper, beans, arugula and mix it gently together.
- Pour dressing on the top of the quinoa mix. Serve!
- Mix extra - vinegar oil, maple syrup, white wine vinegar, salt, and black pepper.