These bars are such a great choice If you are looking for something sugar-free with low calories, quick, and super tasty. You can make them differently and use a sugar, but because I prefered to try my new protein with birthday cake flavor.
I don’t think there is any sugar needed as birthday cake flavor is sweet enough, but feel free to swop it and combine sugar and your favorite protein powder, or just for sugar. We all can be creative with this recipe.
During the lockdown, I wasn’t in the mood to do any baking or cooking at all, but finnaly lockdown is easier and I feel like this is a good time to start bake again and try something new.
I found this recipe a few years ago and I thought it would be good to try it as I like protein snacks and be honest I don’t keep them at home too often. The original recipe was with extra cup of ground almond, but I used protein powder and didn’t add sugar.
How to make protein cookies:
This recipe is my favorite because it’s just easy to make and it’s full of protein. You can keep the bars in the fridge but my personal preference is the freezer. Maybe because I was keeping them inside my freezer I enjoyed them more and longer time.
Preparing is really easy, just mix all ingredients together and make the dough. Don’t forget melted coconut oil!
Get ready smaller tin and line with baking paper. Spread the dough and leave it for one hour in the freezer.
Get ready chocolate glaze. The best way is to put chocolate and coconut oil into the microwave for a few seconds and pour it over the frozen dough. Leave it in the fridge for a few hours and we are done!
Treat after workout? Yes! … This recipe is perfect for everyone who is trying to keep gym routine but also need a little treat after workout.
Protein chocolate chips bars
- 1 cup Ground almonds
- 1 cup Protein powder
- 1/3 cup Smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil - melted
- Dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- All ingredients mix together. Don't forget coconut oil needs to be melted! Fold in chocolate chips.
- Get ready smaller tin and place with baking paper. Spread the dough and leave it rest in a freezer for one hour.
- Prepare chocolate glaze! Put chocolate and coconut oil into a bowl and melted in a microwave for a few minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate glaze over frozen dough and put it back into a fridge for another hours or until chocolate glaze is harder.