The best way how to enjoy daily snack is to have something healthier and still sweet. I am a person who loves to have something little between lunch and dinner, and this recipe is just a perfect solution for everyone who prefers homemade snacks. I am sure there are plenty of delicious and nutritious balanced snacks in the shops, but I like it when I can prepare something new and share it with you.
Great snack or breakfast
These healthy zucchini bars are amazing not only as a snack but also as good options for breakfast on to go. I was trying to find something a little bit sweet, but with good nutrition and because of rolled oats, banana, honey, zucchini, and dark chocolate, these bars are a balanced breakfast.
Because it’s a flourless recipe, it’s also a good option for a gluten-free diet.
Storing the bars
You can keep them in the container inside the fridge for a few days and they will be still tasty and soft. I wouldn’t keep them inside the freezer as the frozen process can change the structure of the bars.
Oatmeal zucchini bars with chocolate
- 250 g Zucchini
- 700 g Old fashioned rolled oats
- 120 g Honey/maple syrup
- 2 large Eggs
- 80 g Coconut oil
- 60g g Peanut butter
- 1 medium Banana
- 80 g Favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 80 g Dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 190C° and line baking dish with spray or baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and oats.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tray and bake for 30 minutes or until it's golden.
- Once it's done, let cool it down for few minutes and cut into bars.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Did you make my recipes?
How it turned out for you? Tag me on @foodieglam and use #foodieglam with photos of your cooking.