Italians are so lucky! They invited pasta, pizza and shared it with all World!
I can’t imagine my life without knowing pasta. Probably I am a bigger fan of pasta than pizza, but both dishes are delicious, especially if we are lucky enough to enjoy these meals in Italy.
I can’t take you to Italy, but what I can do is show you one cheesy recipe. It’s easy, quick, super tasty, and as a bonus, it’s healthier.
Can be cheese pasta healthier?
Yes! I believe that food can be tasty and healthier. If you choose the right products, you can enjoy a dish with knowing that it’s good for your body. Try to buy Organic products and keep portions smaller and you can still enjoy it.
I made sauce that contains diary but for the Vegan diet switch all cheese, milk for non-dairy options. The measure will be the same and probably taste better.
I like pasta not only because of taste, but it’s just super easy to make it! Let’s be honest, but we all are lazy sometimes, and even if we enjoy cooking, we need something pretty quick and easy, and pasta is the right choice. You can find so many amazing recipes that are easy and still tasty.
- 150 g Pasta or macaroni
- 300 g Broccoli
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 medium Onion
- 30 g Plain flour
- 500 ml Almond milk/ milk
- 60 g Spinach
- 70 g Cheddar cheese Grated
- 30 g Parmesan Grated
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet. Add salt.
- Cook broccoli until it's soft and drain with pasta.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes or until it's brownish.
- Add flour and mustard and whisk slowly.
- Add milk and keep whisking a mixture until it's smooth.
- Once a sauce is smooth add pasta and broccoli, parmesan and half of the grated cheese (the rest will be for topping).
- If you don't have a heatproof pan, transfer pasta into a heatproof dish.
- Preheat oven to 170C°.
- Place pasta into the oven or grill, and leave it to bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and season.
- Serve warm.