Ho ho ho!
Christmas time is here and I am already in the Czech Republic with my family. I hope you all are having a wonderful time and for everyone who is late with Christmas baking, I have an amazing recipe!
As I am sure not everyone is finishing with Christmas decorating and baking ( well, my mum hasn’t started yet) so I have a last-minute idea for you. What would you say about delicious Gingerbread cookies?
The gingerbread men are my favorite Christmas thing beside the Christmas amaretti cookies and I don’t know anything so typical to put on the festive table.
How to storage gingerbread cookies?
Absolutely easy thing! You can basically keep your cookies outside of the containers. You can put them on the tree as a decoration, or leave them on the table as part of the sweet plates. The cookies should be fine for weeks! If you would like to keep them more fresh let them inside the containers in the fridge and dry place.
Classic gingerbread men
- 4 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Ground ginger
- 3/4 cup Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mixed spices
- 3/4 cup Vegan butter Fell free to use any kind of unsalted butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Icing, sprinkles ...
- In the large bowl mix all dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, cloves, salt, and mixed spice.
- Beat the butter with the sugar and mix together, Use a mixer to get the right light structure. Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla.
- Gently add the flour into the mixture. Use the hands to kneading the dough. Make a ball from the dought and let to chill for a few hours or overnight.
- Once the dough is ready and chilled heat the oven to 170C° and line the baking paper on the tray.
- Place the dough on the place sprinkled with the flour and roll the dough out. The sheet should be thick! Then use your Christmas cutters and place them on the tray.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes pr until the cookies are brownish around the edges. Let them cool down on the tray.
- Once the cookies are ready and not hot you can start decorating them. Serve them or keep in the storage for days.